As from 28 June 2021 citizens can obtain themselves a corona test prescription code (CTPC). This CTPC can be used to undergo a PCR test based on a sample collection at a sample collection center or a lab.
The test based on a CTPC that a citizen has applied for himself must be paid by him. However, every Belgian resident from 6 years of age, who has not yet had the chance to be fully vaccinated, will be eligible for 2 free PCR tests that can be carried out on the basis of a CTPC requested by him.
The process to obtain a CTPC for oneself is described in this chart.
A CTPC for a free PCR test can be obtained twice if the following conditions are met
- the person to be tested is 6 years or older and
- has his main residence in Belgium according to the information in the National Register and
- has not already obtained a CTPC for a free test twice and
- is in one of the following cases at the time of the request for a CTPC for a free test
- the person has not yet been invited for vaccination
- the person has been invited for vaccination less than 35 days ago
- the person has received a first of two required doses within 35 days after the invitation and less than
- 98 or 70 days ago for AstraZeneca, depending on whether the first dose was given before May 25 or May 25 onwards
- 49 days ago for Moderna
- 49 or 35 days ago for Pfizer, depending on whether the first dose was given before July 13 or July 13 onwards
- the person has received a dose of Johnson & Johnson within 35 days after the invitation and less than 14 days ago.